High Protein, Low Glycemic Fried Rice Recipe
Everyone loves fried rice, right? This traditional Chinese dish is a crowd pleaser for the whole family for good reason—it’s delicious.
We have a simple trick to transform your fried rice into a more balanced, blood-sugar friendly meal. It’s so simple, in fact, it all starts and ends with switching to Cahokia Rice.
Cahokia Rice is naturally higher in protein with a lower glycemic index than any other rice on the market, so just making this easy swap in your pantry automatically boosts the protein in all your rice recipes while simultaneously reducing the glycemic load.
High Protein, Low GI Fried Rice Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups cooked Cahokia High Protein White Rice
- 1 small white onion
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons green onions & cilantro (for garnish, optional)
Cook your rice first according to your Cahokia Rice package instructions. Then begin cooking the rest of the ingredients below:
- Preheat your skillet to medium-high heat and pour some sesame oil once it is warmed.
- Add the onion, peas, and carrots to the pan and fry until they are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, slightly beat the two eggs. Then, slide the veggies to one side of the pan and pour the eggs onto the opposite side. Scramble the eggs and then mix together with the veggies.
- Add the rice to your pan and mix it in with the veggies and egg scramble.
- Pour the soy sauce on top and stir it in.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
When you choose Cahokia Rice, you will enjoy these healthy benefits with each bite:
- Low glycemic index
- High protein
- Arsenic & heavy-metal free
- Whole grain
- Gluten free
- Non GMO verified
You also will be supporting a family-owned Midwest rice farm committed to sustainable and environmentally-friendly farming practices!To learn more about Cahokia rice, email email@example.com or call (312) 834-1819.