Mediterranean Rice Salad
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups Cahokia High Protein White Rice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano minced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 ½ cups water to a boil.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt and the rice.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, pepper flakes, and remaining teaspoon of salt.
- Add the rice to the dressing and toss the mixture to combine.
- Add the spinach, toss, and let sit until it is no longer steaming. Add the remaining ingredients and toss again. Serve at room temperature, or cold.