Cahokia High Protein Rice Sweet Bars Are An Easy Treat
- Two cups of Cahokia White Rice, soaked overnight in 8 cups of water
- 16 oz. coconut milk ( 1 and 1/2 cans)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water into a pot to simmer over medium heat then add the soaked rice, and stir. Lower the heat, cover and continue to simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- When the rice is sticky, add 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Pour into a lightly buttered 8x8 pan. Mix the remaining cup of brown sugar and the coconut cream until smooth and pour over the rice.
- Bake about 1 hour or until topping is dark brown and thick. Allow to cool before serving.