Let's start a recipe blog with a breakfast treat - Coconut rice made with High Protein Cahokia rice.
- 1 cup Cahokia White rice
- 1 & 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cinnamon and/or seasonal fruit, optional
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another pot, combine the coconut milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla over a low heat. Keep on low until sugar is dissolved.
- After the rice has simmered, add the cooked rice to the coconut mix keeping on low heat
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, you may add a dash of cinnamon or seasonal berries.
This will keep well in the fridge for 4 days. A great way to start the day!